Tuesday, 21 August 2012

THE GIFFORDS HOUSE SO FAR...

Well I'm three weeks in and unsurprisingly the work isn't finished yet. It's a massive learning curve for me, grasping some new DIY skills and having lots of fun experimenting. So anyway here's a few snapshots of the work so far (and definitely lots more when the house is complete!)






 A before and after photo of the kitchen with the new tongue and groove paneling and dresser in place. New LED down lights also mounted into the ceiling, just waiting for a paint job now...


An example of some crafty DIY skills; after the plumber made a large hole in the wall to install new taps, I screwed the pieces of plaster back to the wall and filled so is now unnoticeable! Bathroom now painted luxurious and very dark Studio Green. I love Farrow & Ball colours!





One of my favourites; neon pink table! Previously was a dark, varnished wood table, after lots of sanding and three coats of the pink it is now quite fluro!












And what I've been doing today; the horse and dog wall mural. The original artwork is by Nell Gifford, and you can see it on the wall paper below. I've painted it in the style of an old ink drawing, which hopefully comes across...I'm not totally certain with it, might do some more working into.



























So a brief window on my life and work currently, look out for more updates.

2 comments:

  1. I love the horse and dog wall mural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please please tell me that hot pink paint color please :-)

    ReplyDelete